Are you trying to find New York’s best dental insurance? Finding the right dental insurance companies for you can take some time because New York has so many different companies offering it.
However, the right dental insurance may significantly lower your out-of-pocket costs when you need dental care, so it’s well worth the time to carefully weigh your options.
Here’s the list about the numerous dental plans that are offered by dental insurance companies in New York.
1. Humana dental insurance
|Website||Humana dental insurance|
|Starting Plan||Just $18|
Humana is an independent dental insurance company with coverage available in the entire state of New York. For individuals, Humana offers preventive coverage starting at just $18 per month.
- You can choose to visit in-network or out-of-network dentists, though you’ll save money by sticking with your network.
- Higher tier Humana plans even include $100 worth of teeth whitening services, which are often not covered by dental insurance.
In New York, Humana provides dental benefit plans that don’t function as insurance but can reduce the cost of your oral health needs, as well as dental insurance plans, preventative plans, and plans for regular checkups.
|Website||Guardian dental insurance|
|Starting Plan||Just $15|
Guardian Advantage Gold and Guardian Managed Dental Guard are the two main dental insurance plan options offered by Guardian in New York.
- You might get coverage for as little as $15 a month with the Managed DentalGuard plan, and there is no deductible or maximum benefit.
- The Managed DentalGuard plan is less costly ($35 per month) than the Guardian Advantage Gold plan ($45 per month).
Though you must visit a dentist in the Guardian network and provide a predetermined copayment, both requirements must be met. However, it provides you with extra advantages over the company’s more economical plan, including access to a wider selection of dentists.
3. Delta dental insurance
|Website||Delta dental insurance|
|Starting Plan||Just $29|
Preventive care is immediately covered in full by this Delta Dental insurance plan. This covers examinations, cleanings, and x-rays.
- Each person’s annual deductible is $50. The $1,000 annual cap is applicable. After a six-month waiting period, 50% coverage is provided for tooth extractions and fillings.
- The basic plan’s $50 yearly deductible is also applicable here.
Your yearly maximum benefit under this Delta Dental insurance plan has been increased to $1,500. After a 12-month waiting period, 50% of major and complex procedures like orthodontics, root canal therapy, denture repair, implants, and crowns are covered.
4. Empire BlueCross BlueShield Dental Insurance
Empire BlueCross BlueShield provides a wide range of plan options you can use to match your monthly budget with dental coverage, just like Guardian does.
- It provides up to 80% coverage for routine and emergency dental procedures while providing 100% coverage for exams and other preventative care in-network.
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield Dental Insurance also offers a range of 4 more affordable dental insurance plans that can better fit into your budget. The Essential Choice Gold plan starts at $40 per month.
The plans from Anthem dental insurance
also give preferred provider organization (PPO) coverage, allowing you to choose to visit an out-of-network dentist and still take advantage of your benefits if you so desire.
5. Metlife dental insurance
|Website||Metlife dental insurance|
One of the best Dental insurance companies with DHMO dental insurance plans from Metlife start out quite reasonably priced. There are defined service fees for these two options. Even though the monthly premium for the inexpensive plan is cheaper, the co-payments are more.
- Preventive care, such as checkups, cleanings, and x-rays, is fully covered without a waiting time under the Metlife PPO Low Plan.
- Following a six-month waiting period, 50% of extractions and fillings are covered. The annual deductible for each person is $75. The annual cap for this Metlife dental insurance plan is $750.
The co-payments are lower and some procedures are completely covered under the high plan, which has a larger monthly cost.
Ameritas is a dental insurance company that provides dental insurance, which is somewhat more expensive than the state average in New York, but it’s a great choice if you want prolonged coverage for orthodontics.
- Ameritas dental extends its benefits to $1,000 worth of orthodontics coverage on the majority of policies, which is different from other dental insurance companies.
Remember that this $1,000 maximum applies for the duration of the plan and is only valid for policyholders who are under the age of 19, in contrast to the majority of other minimums you’ll find on dental insurance alternatives.
7. Sun Life Dental Insurance
|Website||Sun Life Dental Insurance|
Better oral health is encouraged by Sun Life dental plans, and this can improve general health. Employers and participants can select a plan that best suits their needs thanks to our flexible plan alternatives.
- Fully insured PPO plans, prepaid or DHMO plans, Administrative Service Only (ASO)1 plans, and an individual prepaid or HMO plan1 are among the available options.
- Active, Passive, or Maximum Allowable Charge (MAC) plans are available.
One of the largest national dental PPO networks in the U.S. with more than 130,000 unique providers nationwide, allows members who visit a participating dentist to extend their dental benefits.
Dental insurance is a separate policy that aids in covering a percentage of the expense of your dental care. The majority of dental insurance companies offer full coverage for regular care such as cleanings and just half coverage for expensive treatments like wisdom tooth removal, fillings and ensure that your family and kids receive regular, preventative care that will help keep their smiles healthy.