The company is one of the largest automakers in China, with a strong presence in the country’s commercial vehicle market. The automaker sold more than 1.5 million vehicles in 2017 and has plans to introduce 10 new models by 2020.
Changan’s C200 EV follows other Chinese automakers that are also developing their own EVs, like BYD and Geely. The companies are looking to overcome China’s tough new restrictions on gas-powered cars, which will require all automakers to have at least 8% of their sales made up from EVs by 2019, rising to 10% in 2020 and 12% by 2021.With a starting price of under $26,000, Chinese producer Changan Automobile has unveiled a new electric car that bears a accurate resemblance and specifications to the Tesla Model 3.
Particular Specifications Of The Car Made By China
- Changan unveiled the C200 EV at the Shanghai Auto Show on April 21. The car is claimed to have a range of 300 km (186 miles) and can reach a top speed of 160 km/h (99 mph).
- It has three battery options with ranges of 150, 200, and 250 km (93, 124, and 155 miles). The top-of-the-line model has a claimed range of 250 km (155 miles) with a maximum speed of 170 km/h (106 mph).
- The new EV is powered by an electric motor that produces 231 horsepower and 370 Nm (272 lb-ft) of torque. It has a 0-62 mph acceleration time of 7.9 seconds. The vehicle’s estimated price starts at RMB 181,800 ($26,000).
- The C200 EV is both smaller and cheaper than the Tesla Model 3. The U.S. EV maker’s entry-level model starts at $35,000 in the U.S., but the price could go up to $44,000 with options.
- The Model 3 has a range of 346 km (215 miles) with a top speed of 160 km/h (99 mph). It takes 5.6 seconds to reach 62 mph from a standstill and has a top speed of 140 mph (225 km/h).
Changan’s C200 EV will be available for sale in China later this year, but there’s no word on whether or not it will be introduced in other markets.
Now that a new, significant rival has emerged in China, some say Tesla may have served as inspiration.
State-owned automaker Changan Automobile has unveiled the Shenlan SL03, a compact electric sedan. The vehicle’s front end, where the fascia and bonnet meet, resembles the Tesla Model 3 very much. The car’s dimensions are very similar to those of the Model 3. Despite being only about 4 inches longer, the wheelbase, width, and height are almost identical.
- The interior is also quite plain and has a sizable horizontal centre display, similar to the Model 3.
- The user interface of the display appears to be similar to Tesla’s.The user interface is the aspect of software that Tesla imitators most frequently copy.
- According to Chinese standards, the base model has a range of 515 kilometres (320 miles). A larger battery pack with a greater 705 km (438 miles) range is additionally offered.
- These choices are analogous to those Tesla used to provide before to ceasing to accept reservations for the longer-range Model 3 in China, most likely due to a significant backlog of orders.
- The cost of the Shenlan SL03 is where it excels. The starting price of the electric vehicle is merely 183,900, or about $26,000 USD.
State-owned Changan Automobile and the battery cell producer CATL, a significant Tesla supplier, collaborated on the development of the Shenlan SL03 alongside electronics behemoth Huawei.
Only hours after its unveiling, the business received over 15,000 bookings for the new electric vehicle. It intends to start shipping the first units to customers by the end of the year and then increase manufacturing to 15,000 units per month eventually.
What do you think about this? Comment below.